DIY Painted Boxes – School Supplies, Planters & More
We have had fun crafting! This little craft inspired our homework center this year (take a look at more Homework Center Ideas.) Find some wooden boxes (we got our set of 3 at Target for $7) and have fun with craft paint to make this abstract look.
- Wooden Boxes (we got ours at Target)
- Painters Tape
- Foam Paint Brush
- Martha Stewart High Gloss Acrylic Craft Paint – We used Blue, Pink, and Aqua
- Paper Plate or Paint Palette
- Lay a piece of old newspaper down before you start working.
- Place a piece of painters tape at an angle from the bottom left corner to the top center of your large block and another piece at an angle from the bottom right corner to the top center.
- Press your tape smooth and paint the triangle you created with two coats of pink paint.
- Now place a piece of painters tape at an angle from the bottom right corner to the left corner of your medium sized box and press the tape down smooth.
- Paint your second triangle on your medium sized box with two coats of your teal paint and let dry.
- Now place a piece of painters tape at an angel from the bottom left corner to the top right corner of your small box and press smooth.
- Paint your smallest triangle with two coats of your blue paint and let dry.
- Repeat to all sides of each box (optional).
- Peel the painters tape off all sides and fill with your desk supplies.
Take a look at these Kids DIY Back to School Crafts and School Supplies. Pin to Pinterest.
WHAT’S TRENDING: Check out our Pinterest Content including Valentine’s Day Recipe and Crafts on Frugal Coupon Living.
Also try Amazon Prime which includes FREE 2-Day Shipping, FREE Kindle Books, and FREE Video Streaming!
Find this and updated daily deals, recipes, crafts, and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and other in your inbox.