Do It Yourself Child’s Desk from Old Crib
(Scroll over image to Pin to Pinterest)
Well I did it! I converted my daughter’s crib into a desk! I had a Pinterest “you must be drunk” moment when I saw an example online and I found this project to be incredibly easy. I did it without help and no sewing! It was a great way to recycle and reuse my little girl’s oversized furniture.
What I Did :
- I took off the front part of her bed (her bed can easily convert into a day bed or a full bed.)
- I placed the crib in the highest position. This gave elevation for a desk and room for my child’s legs.
- I measured the width and length of where the mattress pad normally lays. I had a board cut to size. Note: Home Depot cut it up for FREE. This was about $20 with plenty of extra scrap board for other craft projects (the wheels are already turning.)
- I primed and then painted the board which chalk board paint. This was about $20.
- I used my daughter’s old bed skirt to hide the area below the crib. Underneath the desk I have plenty of hidden storage! This is probably my favorite feature.
- For less than $40 at Home Goods, I was able to get baskets and display suitcases to place paper, crayons, markers, and other desk activity items. This was $40 and included the price of a lamp on clearance for $20.
- I hot glued ribbion that I had already around the edge of the cut board. This gave the trim extra detail and prevented the “rough” sides from rubbing against my kids when they played.
- I used two chairs I had in the house to complete the seats for the desk.
Save More: I could have saved at Home Goods by using items I had around the house or hitting the Dollar Store for possible storage solutions. I also purchased a board that was more expensive. There were cheaper options at Home Depot.
Love this idea, pin it to Pinterest! Scroll over the image to upload.
It is a great idea for a future craft!
WHAT’S TRENDING? Take a look at our popular Free Halloween Printables.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.