Cinnamon Bun Popcorn Recipe
(Pin to Pinterest)
Ready for the holiday season, looking for something fun and frugal to gift your friends and family. Pay attention to the Series 4 Days of 4 Popcorn Recipes!
Don’t forget our favorite Pumpkin Spiced Popcorn Balls with FREE printable Gift Tag.
Two favorite treats in one! Popcorn is a perfect movie night treat, combine that with the delicious flavor of a cinnamon bun and you have a fantastic new twist on a couple of old favorites! Cinnamon lovers cant get enough of this. Package some up in treat bags and pass it out a work party or as a basket filler.
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ to ½ cup chocolate chips or almond bark
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 250 Degrees
- Prepare your popcorn; air pop, stove top or microwave. Remove all unpopped kernels.
- Toss popcorn and chopped nuts together.
- In a medium sized pan over medium heat, combine; brown sugar, butter, cinnamon , and corn syrup- stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda, this will make your mixture bubble up, this is normal.
- Pour caramel sauce over popcorn and nuts, stir with a large spoon.
- Pour popcorn mixture onto large foil lined cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, stir popcorn , cook another 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool caramelized popcorn.
- Melt chocolate in a double broiler or in microwave , drizzle all over cooled popcorn and allow chocolate to set.
- Break popcorn into bite sized pieces and store in an airtight container.
Don’t forget to set those DVRs – I will be on Rachael Ray Tuesday!
WHAT’S TRENDING? Take your kids on a HALLOWEEN SCAVENGER HUNT for candy or fun non-spooky goodies.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.