Cinnamon Bun Popcorn Recipe
(Pin to Pinterest)
Ready for the holiday season, looking for something fun and frugal to gift your friends and family. Pay attention to the Series 4 Days of 4 Popcorn Recipes!
Day 1: Cinnamon Bun Popcorn Recipe
Day 2: Hot Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
Day 3: Gingerbread Popcorn Balls Recipe
Day 4: Peppermint White Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
Don’t forget our favorite Pumpkin Spiced Popcorn Balls with FREE printable Gift Tag.
Two favorite treats in one! Popcorn is a perfect movie night treat, combine that with the delicious flavor of a cinnamon bun and you have a fantastic new twist on a couple of old favorites! Cinnamon lovers cant get enough of this. Package some up in treat bags and pass it out a work party or as a basket filler.
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ to ½ cup chocolate chips or almond bark
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 250 Degrees
- Prepare your popcorn; air pop, stove top or microwave. Remove all unpopped kernels.
- Toss popcorn and chopped nuts together.
- In a medium sized pan over medium heat, combine; brown sugar, butter, cinnamon , and corn syrup- stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda, this will make your mixture bubble up, this is normal.
- Pour caramel sauce over popcorn and nuts, stir with a large spoon.
- Pour popcorn mixture onto large foil lined cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, stir popcorn , cook another 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool caramelized popcorn.
- Melt chocolate in a double broiler or in microwave , drizzle all over cooled popcorn and allow chocolate to set.
- Break popcorn into bite sized pieces and store in an airtight container.
Follow all Recipes on Frugal Coupon Living as well as FCLAsh on Pinterest.
Don’t forget to set those DVRs – I will be on Rachael Ray Tuesday!
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Themed Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, New Year, Valentine’s Day, Easter & more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next party.
Last Updated on November 28, 2013 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living
Leave a Reply