Sirloin Gyros Recipe
Pin to Pinterest
A delicious Greek classic, with an update. Not only is lamb hard to find in your local grocery store, but it can be a bit pricey. If you love the flavors of Gyro but want an alternative, thin cut sirloin is a great substitute.
- 1 1/2 pound thin cut sirloin steak
- 1 small onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsps.oregano
- 2 tsps. lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ cucumber
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pack pita bread
- Cut Sirloin Steak slightly into thin strips, going against the meat grain.
- Dice onion, dice tomato, finely chop cucumber, crush garlic. Stir ingredients together.
- In a gallon ziplock bag mix marinade: ½ cup greek yogurt, lemon juice, 2 cloves garlic, 1 Tbsp. oregano, salt and pepper, and steaks strips well, seal bag leave to marinate overnight.
- In a air tight container mix Tzatziki sauce: 1 cup Greek yogurt, 1 Tbsp. oregano, 2 Tbsp. garlic, salt and pepper.
- In another small bag or bowl store your tomatoes and onions. I recommend eating this no longer than the day after you prep it. The day of will prove to be more fresh.
- To cook: sauté sirloin and sauce marinade in a large saucepan over medium high heat to desired done-ness.
- Assemble sirloin steak, tomatoes, and onions in pita bread, top with Tzatziki sauce and enjoy!
Serve with chips, fries, or a yummy Greek potato salad.
See the ENTIRE Menu Plan this week:
- Weekend Shopping List and Food Prep
- Creamy Farfalle Carbonara Recipe
- Crock-Pot Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe
HOT DEALS: Loving the deal on this Julep Maven Hallowen Nail Polish Box – Get it FREE (a $58 Value), just pay $2.99 for S&H.
Also grab Amazon Prime which includes FREE 2-Day Shipping, FREE Kindle Books, and FREE Video Streaming!