DIY Valentine Series – You’re a HOOT Owl Valentine Treat
Pin to Pinterest
This sweet owl not only makes a pretty valentine to share with classmates but he holds yummy candy too! He is almost too cute to break open but I don’t think the little ones will have any problem investigating what’s inside. This craft is upcycling at it’s best – keep those empty toilet paper tubes (or paper towel rolls can be cut in half). Set up a little assembly line at your table, you and the kids can have these done in no time at all. Use wrapping or scrapbook paper to wrap you owls in a variety of designs or make them all the same. I personally like the 12×12 scrapbook paper because it comes in so many patterns and you can get 4 owls from each sheet. You could also fill these with erasers, rubber bracelets, lip gloss, temporary tattoos , small individual packages of goldfish, pretzels, or other little party favors instead of candy.
- FREE You’re a HOOT Printable
- toilet paper rolls
- scrapbook or wrapping paper
- googly eyes
- clear tape
- tissue paper
- individually wrapped candy’s
- Tape the bottom of the owl with scotch tape or clear packing tape.
- Drop a small piece of tissue, or shredded paper in the tube to cover the sticky tape.
- Cut paper to 5”x6” for each owl
- Wrap paper around toilet paper tube and seal the back with clear tape
- Fill with individual wrapped candy.
- Fold front and back of paper, leaving the “sides” up for ears, secure with a piece of tape.
- Glue on goggle eyes.
- Cut a small triangle from yellow for the beak, glue beneath eyes.
- Cut a triangle, circle or oval from contrasting paper, I squeezed an extra toilet paper tube into an oval shape and used it as a template to trace.
- Glue wings to sides of owl.
- Attach printable tag and your ready to go!
See all the DIY Valetine Series Crafts:
Check out these other great recipes and be sure to follow FCLAsh on Pinterest.
- Pink Valentine Heart Pancakes
- Heart Pound Cake Tutorial
- Easy Burlap Valentine’s Day Wreath
- JELL-O Heart Squares
- Conversation Hearts Valentine Rice Krispie Treats
- Cupid’s Strawberry Float Recipe
- Chocolate Cherry Mice
- Marshmallow Rice Krispie Treat Snowmen Recipe
- Microwave Peppermint Fudge Recipe
- Easy Homemade Salted Caramel Recipe
- ROLO Pretzel Pecan Turtle Recipe
- Doughnut Snowmen Milk Bottles Recipe
- Gluten FREE Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cupcakes
- Cinnamon Dolce Syrup Recipe – Just like Starbucks
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Frappuccino Recipe
- Copy-Cat Starbucks Recipes
- Copy-Cat Restaurant Recipes
- Round-Up of Copy Cat Cracker Barrel Recipes
HOT DEALS: Looking for what’s trending? Check out our Fashion Deals and Online Shopping Deals on Frugal Coupon Living.
Also grab Amazon Prime which includes FREE 2-Day Shipping, FREE Kindle Books, and FREE Video Streaming!
Find this and updated daily deals on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and other Daily Deals for FREE in your inbox.