DIY Valentine Series – You’re a HOOT Owl Valentine Treat
Pin to Pinterest
This sweet owl not only makes a pretty valentine to share with classmates but he holds yummy candy too! He is almost too cute to break open but I don’t think the little ones will have any problem investigating what’s inside. This craft is upcycling at it’s best – keep those empty toilet paper tubes (or paper towel rolls can be cut in half). Set up a little assembly line at your table, you and the kids can have these done in no time at all. Use wrapping or scrapbook paper to wrap you owls in a variety of designs or make them all the same. I personally like the 12×12 scrapbook paper because it comes in so many patterns and you can get 4 owls from each sheet. You could also fill these with erasers, rubber bracelets, lip gloss, temporary tattoos , small individual packages of goldfish, pretzels, or other little party favors instead of candy.
- FREE You’re a HOOT Printable
- toilet paper rolls
- scrapbook or wrapping paper
- googly eyes
- clear tape
- tissue paper
- individually wrapped candy’s
- Tape the bottom of the owl with scotch tape or clear packing tape.
- Drop a small piece of tissue, or shredded paper in the tube to cover the sticky tape.
- Cut paper to 5”x6” for each owl
- Wrap paper around toilet paper tube and seal the back with clear tape
- Fill with individual wrapped candy.
- Fold front and back of paper, leaving the “sides” up for ears, secure with a piece of tape.
- Glue on goggle eyes.
- Cut a small triangle from yellow for the beak, glue beneath eyes.
- Cut a triangle, circle or oval from contrasting paper, I squeezed an extra toilet paper tube into an oval shape and used it as a template to trace.
- Glue wings to sides of owl.
- Attach printable tag and your ready to go!
See all the DIY Valetine Series Crafts:
Check out these other great recipes and be sure to follow FCLAsh on Pinterest.
- Pink Valentine Heart Pancakes
- Heart Pound Cake Tutorial
- Easy Burlap Valentine’s Day Wreath
- JELL-O Heart Squares
- Conversation Hearts Valentine Rice Krispie Treats
- Cupid’s Strawberry Float Recipe
- Chocolate Cherry Mice
- Marshmallow Rice Krispie Treat Snowmen Recipe
- Microwave Peppermint Fudge Recipe
- Easy Homemade Salted Caramel Recipe
- ROLO Pretzel Pecan Turtle Recipe
- Doughnut Snowmen Milk Bottles Recipe
- Gluten FREE Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cupcakes
- Cinnamon Dolce Syrup Recipe – Just like Starbucks
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Frappuccino Recipe
- Copy-Cat Starbucks Recipes
- Copy-Cat Restaurant Recipes
- Round-Up of Copy Cat Cracker Barrel Recipes
WHAT’S TRENDING? Get inspired this Spring with Dollar Store Easter Decor.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.