So many changes occur over the course of a child’s school year. Growth in height, knowledge and a change in tastes and preferences can always be counted upon. During summer or when preparing for the back to school grove, take on this fun craft and create a back to school Time Capsule.
- Coffee Can or Storage Jar or Box
- Miscellaneous Items to Define Your Child
- Crafts to Decorate the Outside of the container
Get creative with this activity. Watch your child. What is it you want to capture during this moment, this age, about his/her personality?
Consider the following activities/items to place inside the Time Capsule.
- A Current Photo
- A memento or picture from summer or summer vacation
- Postcards from places traveled over summer
- A ribbon or award that shows their current accomplishments
- A hand print
- A Self Portrait
- The Recipe from a favorite meal
- A photo of the their favorite movie
- Favorite Subject
- Least Favorite Subject
- Favorite Color
- What Your child is most excited about/afraid about
- Child’s Height
- About Me Activity Sheet from Lakeshore Learning
More about creating a School Time Capsule in our Back to School First Day of School Ideas & Traditions.
WHAT’S TRENDING? Be germ free! This fun gift tag + hand soap creates this cute TEACHER GIFT IDEA FOR THANKSGIVING.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.