Soccer practice, dance nights, piano rehearsal, finishing homework and more… Schedules during the school year can get busy and the afternoons usually offer no release! Mom is taking the family here, dad is carting the family there. Did you realize, making time for dinner together is VERY important. In fact, include it as the first thing or most important activity each evening!
It’s true most of us can’t get to the table every night as a family unit. While most of the family might be home, your oldest son might have band practice. Another night, you were able to leave the office a bit early and make a great meal and your middle child needs to work on her science project with a classmate. Whatever the excuse, designating two to three nights (if not more) is very important for the family unit.
Dinner Time Facts:
- Eating on the go often includes greasy food full of calories and fat.
- Eating at the table allows you to control portions
- Eating together allows parents to stay involved and sets aside times for family meetings and discussions
- Eating at home saves money
- Eating together boots grades and self esteem. It reduces harmful habits picked up by your child such as over eating or drugs.
- You are more likely to hear a serious problem from your child having dinner time set aside.
To make the most of your evening time fun, offer a fun evening game. Put questions in a jar and each evening pull out 3.
Dinner Time Questions Can Include:
- What is your favorite vacation and why?
- If you were granted three wishes from a genie what would you wish?
- Tell me something you love about each person at the table?
- What are three things you thankful for?
- Tell me 3 “highs” today and 1 “low” – make it a daily high/low game.
How Does She includes as FREE PDF of Dinner Time Questions. Cut them up, place them in a jar and make time for a lively meal with your kids. This might offer more insight to your child’s day, feelings and thoughts over the normal question of “how was your day!?!”
Now your only thing to worry about it – Whats for Dinner?
WHAT’S TRENDING? Take your kids on a HALLOWEEN SCAVENGER HUNT for candy or fun non-spooky goodies.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.