- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, cleaned
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice (1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon clove, 1/4 teaspoon ginger, 1/4 teaspoon allspice)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Set your oven to 400F.
- Make sure your seeds are free of any pumpkin bits and are completely dry – patting them down with a paper towel if necessary.
- You can add the oil in one of two ways: add the seeds to a bowl and mix them with the oil, or place the seeds directly on a lined baking tray and drizzle with the oil. Either way works great – and the second method saves on dishes!
- Sprinkle the pumpkin spice onto the seeds and roast for 5-10 minutes until the seeds take on a golden taupe colour. Stir halfway through to ensure even roasting.
- If adding salt, sprinkle it on after you’ve removed the seeds from the oven.
If you’d prefer not to use pumpkin spice, use 2 teaspoons of cinnamon to replace.