- 2 cup flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 can of your favorite white frosting
Edible Blood Ingredients
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 10–20 drops red gel food coloring
- First, reheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Mix dry cupcake ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Mix wet cupcake ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in 1/3 cup increments and mix until smooth.
- Next, fill muffin cups almost full as this recipe does not rise a significant amount.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from heat and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- While your cupcakes are cooling, make the fake blood by combining the corn syrup and food coloring into a bowl and stirring until the color is consistent throughout.
- Using a decorating tip, make a hole in the top of each cupcake, saving the remnants from each hole for use filling the hole in a moment.
- Place 1 teaspoon of the fake blood in each cupcake hole.
- Replace the top of each cupcake hole.
- Using your largest star tip and a piping bag, frost the cupcakes in a circular fashion.
- Drizzle each cupcake with ample amounts of fake blood.