- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Optional: Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt for dipping. We like to add chives too!
- Place the zucchini in a strainer over a bowl. Gently press down to squeeze the excess liquid out.
- In a medium bowl, add the strained shredded zucchini, shredded carrots, flour, scallions, eggs, garlic and salt and pepper. Stir well to incorporate all ingredients.
- Place paper towels over a large plate, set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a large sauté pan on medium-high heat. Once the oil is shining in the pan, add about ¼ cup of the mixture into the pan, flattening it just a bit with your fingers. Continue adding the mixture as stated, spacing the fritters about 1 inch apart.
- Allow the fritters to cook for approximately 3 minutes, and then flip to cook the other side for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place the fritters on the prepared plate to allow the excess grease to drip off.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Continue this process until all of the vegetable mixture is used.
- Optional: Serve with a dollop of sour cream or plain Greek yogurt. You can also top with chives.