1 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, divided
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 1/2 cups flour
3 tablespoons butter, salted
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon baking soda
1. In a large bowl, combine your water, yeast, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and let set for 10 minutes.
2. Mix in your flour with an electric mixer and dough hook or knead by hand for 5 minutes. (Dough will be sticky)
3. Allow dough to rest for 10-12 minutes and knead again for 3 more minutes.
4. Transfer to a mixing bowl and let set for at least four hours or refrigerate overnight.
5. Shape bagels by pulling apart dough and using your hand to shape into a thick snake like shape. Attached two ends together and place onto an oiled parchment paper lined baking sheet. Let set for an hour.
6. Combine granulated sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
7. Melt your butter in a microwave safe dish.
8. Preheat your oven to 500 degrees after your bagels have set.
9. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add 1 tablespoon baking soda, 1 1/2 tablespoon of granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon of salt.
10. Using tongs, place your bagels into the boiling water for 60 seconds on each side.
11. Set back onto your oiled baking sheet, brush with butter and top with lots of the sugar mixture.
12. Bake for 18-20 minutes, let cool and enjoy!