- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 5 cups cooked Ditalini pasta, (or any small pasta)
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 small jalapeño, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed or grated
- 1 15-ounce can chick peas
- 4-ounces crumbled Goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5–6 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 green onion top or a few chives, finely sliced
- Cook the pasta according the directions on the box. Drain, remove 5 cups and add to a large bowl. You can save the remaining pasta for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Pour off the bacon grease, leaving about 1 tablespoon in the pan.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and add the corn to the skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for about one more minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the corn & garlic, bacon, tomatoes, jalapeno, herbs, and chick peas to the pasta and toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, white balsamic, lime juice, salt and pepper. Pour over the pasta salad and stir to combine.
- Add the Goat cheese crumbles and gently stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, oil and/or vinegar.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.