- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Creamy vanilla frosting
- Red, blue, green, and yellow fondant
- Small 1” circle cookie cutter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 8 x 8″ cake pan with a non stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together your sugar and butter.
- Then mix in your vanilla extract and eggs one at a time.
- Now mix in your flour, baking powder, and milk.
- Pour your thick creamy batter into your pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, checking at 25 with a clean tooth pick.
- Let your cake cool and transferred to a cake platter.
- Frost with a creamy vanilla frosting.
- Roll out each color fondant in between two pieces of parchment paper and use a circle cookie-cutter to cut out four circles from each color.
- Place your fun in circles on top of your cake like a twister mat: red, yellow, blue, and green columns.