- 2 Cups flour
- 1½ Tbsp sugar
- ½ Cup cold butter
- 1 Tsp salt
- 3 Tbsps ice cold water
- 6 Apples, sliced
- ½ Cup brown sugar
- ¼ Cup butter, melted
- 1 Tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tsp allspice
- 1 Tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsps sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a pie dish and set aside.
- In a food processor combine all the crust ingredients (2 cups flour, 1½ tbsp sugar, ½ cup cold butter, 1 tsp salt, 3 tbsps ice cold water) and pulse until it gets thick.
- Set aside ¼ of the dough and press the remaining dough into the prepared pie dish.
- Knead the ¼ of the dough and give it a rectangular form with a rolling pin. Cut it into 7 slices.
- For the filling, coat the apples with the brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, allspice, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- Fill the dough in the pie dish with the filling.
- Place the slices of dough on top of the pie dish on a perpendicular pattern. Mix the the one beaten egg and 2 table spoons sugar, and use a brush to spread it on top of the pie.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done and remove from the heat. Let it cool down.
- Serve and enjoy.