Adorable turkey pretzels. This Thanksgiving Kids Food Craft is perfect for little hands. Chocolate dipped pretzels, cookies, and candy corn make an adorable Thanksgiving treat for kids – gobble, gobble!
- 12 Pretzel Rods
- 12 Grasshoper Cookies (or other chocolate covered cookies)
- 24 Candy eyes
- 84 Candy Corns
- 12 Orange Reese’s Pieces
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Melting Chips or Bark
- 1/8 cup red Candy Melting Chips
- Lay cookies out on wax paper leaving room for pretzel rods to lay on top of each cookie without touching each other.
- Using a spoon drizzle a little chocolate around on cookie to glue candy corn in place.
- Heat Chocolate Chips in tall glass or cup by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Dip pretzel 2/3 way in melted chocolate and roll to coat completely. Shake off excess.
- Lay on wax paper on top of cookie as shown in picture.
- Place candy corn in fan shape on cookie around pretzel rod.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to set candy mix.
- Using a spoon place a little chocolate to “glue in place eyes and Reese’s Piece on end for beak.
- Place Red Candy Chips in corner of zippered sandwich bag and microwave for 45 seconds. Knead to make sure it is smooth and melted.
- Clip corner of bag and pipe a waddle under the beak of each turkey.
- Immediately place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to set candy mix.