Ice Cream Cone Santa Hat Cupcakes – A Kids Food Craft for Christmas!
- 1 box Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs (as called for on the cake mix box)
- 1 cup Water (as called for on the cake mix box)
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil (as called for on the cake mix box)
- 24 Sugar Cones
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup Red Candy Melts
- Red Sparkling Sugar
- Make cupcakes according to directions.
- Let cool.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and add vanilla.
- Mix in the sugar one cup at a time.
- Beat in the milk mixing until fluffy.
- Tranfer icing to the corner of large size zipper bag, try to minimaize trapped air and close. Clip a small piece off the corner to pipe.
- Heat Red Candy Chips by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted.
- Coat each cone by rolling in melted candy.
- Place on rack and sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Allow to set.
- Ice the top of the cupcake.
- Place a candy cone on top of each.
- Pipe icing in a ring around the top of each cupcake.
- Pipe a ball at the end of the cone.