- 1 8″ ciabatta loaf
- 1 4-ounce package of Goat cheese, room temperature.
- 1 small bunch of fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 3–4 tablespoons fresh Parmesan, divided
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced in half
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees
- On a large baking sheet, toss the washed & trimmed asparagus with one tablespoon of the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Set it aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix the Goat cheese, half the green onion and 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. If the Goat cheese isn’t soft enough, microwave it for 5 seconds at a time until you can easily mix it.
- Split the ciabatta loaf in half and then cut each half open. Brush each piece with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Turn the oven up to broil and toast the bread until lightly browned, which should only take a few minutes. Watch it closely. As soon as it comes out of the oven, rub each piece with the cut side of the garlic. (you can also toast it on a stovetop grill pan)
- Spread the goat cheese mixture on each piece of bread, followed by 4-6 asparagus pieces, 2-3 pieces of shaved Parmesan and a sprinkling of green onion.