- 1 pound asparagus (about 12 asparagus), trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 (17.3 ounce) box puff pastry, thawed
- ½ cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper spritzed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Roll out each sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Cut each sheet into 6 equal rectangles.
- Place 2 asparagus on each rectangle diagonally. Sprinkle the asparagus with salt and black pepper as desired. Top with a sprinkle of cheese.
- Fold the opposite ends of the puff pastry over the asparagus. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the puff pastry with the beaten egg. Sprinkle with additional salt and black pepper if desired.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden.