Tweet, tweet. This birthday doesn’t have to be for the birds. Make these easy Peacock Cupcakes for your bird-themed party.
- 6 Prepared Cupcakes, unfrosted
- 1 Container White Frosting
- 6 Blue Ice Cream Cake Cones
- 12 Small Edible Eyes
- Wilton Bubble Gum Sprinkles
- 8 oz. Wilton Chocolate Melts, White
- 8 oz. Wilton Chocolate Melts, Light Green
- 8 oz. Wilton Chocolate Melts, Turquoise
- Purple Sanding Sugar
- Frost each cupcake with a layer of white frosting.
- Cut the top rim off each blue cone and discard the top rims. Set the cone parts with the opened end down on a tray so bottoms of the cones are faced up.
- Melt the white chocolate according to package directions and put it into a small plastic bag and snip the tip off. Put 2 dots of chocolate on each cone on the side near the top and press 2 eyeballs on. Put a dot of chocolate under the eyes and stick an orange tiny bubble gum sprinkle to those. Let the chocolate harden.
- Melt the other two colors of chocolate and put each of those colors in their own plastic bag and snip off an end.
- To make the peacock feathers, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pipe a feather shape of each color in a fan shape making sure the colors touch. Sprinkle the purple sugar on the white feathers. Put a little swirl of a different color chocolate on each feather to resemble the multi-color feathers of a peacock. My feather were about 3 inches long. Let these harden completely.
- Use the white chocolate to make 6 little “W” shapes on the parchment paper no more than an inch tall. Take each of the chocolate colors and put a dot on each end of the “W” shapes. Sprinkle some purple sugar on the little white dots. Let these harden completely. These will be the little feathers for the top of the peacock’s heads.
- On each cone on the opposite side of the eyes, put a dot of chocolate and stick a fan of the peacock feathers to it. It should look like the big fan of feathers is behind the cone body and the face.
- On top of each cone right above the eyes, put a dot of white chocolate, and stick the little feather “w” to it. Let all the chocolate harden.
- Put a peacock on each cupcake and press them into the frosting a little bit so they are secure.
- These cute cupcakes are great for any zoo or animal party!