- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (or more if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place baking cup liners in muffin or cupcake pan, or lightly grease the pan cups.
- Place all ingredients (except chocolate chips) into a large bowl and mix well to incorporate. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into cups of prepared pan until each cup is about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top for presentation.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Notes: I would stick with a runnier nut butter (like almond butter). I substituted peanut butter previously and it wasn’t as moist as the original recipe.