Valentine’s Day Mini Cherry Heart Pies
- Prep Time: 15 mintues
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: -26065955.9 minute
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 box Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 11 oz Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Milk
- White Sparkling Sugar
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay out your pie crust and using a 3 to 4″ heart shaped cookie cutter, cut about 16 hearts.
- Cut as many shapes as you can, then reroll scraps as needed to get more hearts (get an even number).
- Mix your egg and milk to make an egg wash.
- Place half of the hearts on prepared pan(s).
- Use egg wash to wet the edges of the hearts on the pan.
- Place a small amount of the pie filling in the center of each heart.
- Make a small x cut in the center of the remaining half of the hearts that are not on the pan.
- Place your x heart crust on top of each filled heart and press and crimp edges. A fork can help crimp.
- Brush sealed pie with egg wash and dust with sparkling sugar.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes until crust is browned.
- Allow to cool.