With a touch of jalapeno and the love of cheese, the this low carb Keto Hot Dog cheese wrap skewers will be on your regular dinner rotation.
- 5 hot dogs (Be sure to watch the carb count on the ones you choose)
- 10 slices of cheddar cheese
- 5 tbsp Monterey Jack shredded cheese
- 1 large jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- wooden skewers
- Boil, grill or saute your hot dogs for several minutes to heat them well and cook them through.
- Place each hot dog on a wooden skewer once cooled a bit.
- Place a non-stick or well greased skillet over medium heat, and lay two slices of cheddar cheese down in the center of it.
- Let the cheddar cheese melt completely until it begins to resemble a piece of lace. If you do not let the cheese melt completely before attempting to wrap it around the hot dog, it will simply slide right off.
- Once the cheddar cheese is mostly melted, place a tablespoon of monterey jack cheese and a small sprinkling of jalapeno peppers down the center of it. Allow the cheese to bubble and melt for about 30 seconds longer.
- Beginning at one end, place the hot dog on the edge of the cheese, and use a spatula with one hand to help wrap the cheese around the hot dog as you spin it on the skewer with the other hand. Hold for a few seconds to let it cool slightly, and then place it on a rack to finish cooling.
- Repeat steps 3-6 with the remaining hot dogs.
- Carbohydrates: 4