Easy Instant Pot Mac & Cheese with Ground Beef. Creamy, delicious and with added protein! Perfect for the kids on an adult only’s date night or for your next easy family dinner recipe.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cups dry elbow noodles
- 3 ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1. On saute mode, cook the onions, bell pepper and ground beef until the ground beef has browned. Drain grease. Return to inner pot.
2. Combine next 6 ingredients in Instant Pot inner pot on top of the ground beef mixture. Make sure noodles are all submerged in liquid.
3. Close the instant pot lid and turn pressure valve to seal. Cook on manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
4. Allow for a quick pressure release and then add in the remaining ingredients, stirring in the cream cheese and cheddar cheese to melt with the pasta, and then adding in the milk a little at a time.