- 3/4 Cup softened unsalted butter
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter, not melted
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat your oven to 325° and line a baking sheet of parchment paper.
- Beat your softened butter and sugar together.
- Then add in your almond and vanilla extract and egg then mix.
- Now mix in your flour and salt.
- Knead the dough in your hands until it starts sticking together.
- Lay down a piece of parchment paper then flour a rolling pin and roll your dough out, keep a little thick.
- Use a small 1-2″ cookie cutter to cut your round circles out.
- Use a spatula to transfer your dough to your baking pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, color will be light.
- Let your cookies cool on your pan.
- Frost and top with sprinkles
- Using a hand mixer, beat together your butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Now mix in your powdered sugar one cup at a time.
- Then mix in your almond extract