- Witch Hazel
- Vegetable Glycerin
- Distilled Water
- Lavender Essential Oil (or other essential oil known to repel bugs)
- Measure about 2 cups of witch hazel into the measuring cup.
- Pour the witch hazel into your spray bottle then fill the rest of the bottle with distilled bottle.
- Remember to leave enough room to add the rest of the ingredients.
- Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable glycerin to the spray bottle.
- Add 10-20 drops of peppermint essential oil to the spray bottle.
- Shake the spray bottle until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Spray on your skin or in areas of your home you want to keep bugs away from. Repeat as needed.
Essential Oils that can be used for bugu spray include Citronella, Clove, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Cajeput, Eucalyptus, Cedar, Catnip, or Mint.