- 1 package Refrigerated Pie Crust (2 crusts)
- 10 oz Apple Pie Filling
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Sparkling Sugar
- Caramel Topping for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray cookie sheet with non stick spray or use silicone mat and set aside.
- Alow crusts to warm slightly to make them easier to work with.
- Dust work area with flour and slightly roll out crusts.
- Pulse in food processor a couple of time or use a knife to chop pie filling into smaller pieces.
- Spread apples over top of 1 crust leaving about 1/8″ uncovered at edges.
- Place other crust on top.
- Cut into 1/2″ strips and then cut to frie sized lengths.
- Beat egg in bowll until well blended.
- Mix together sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Brush tops with egg wash and sprinkle lightly with sugar mixture.
- THen sprinkle with sparkiling sugar to resemble salt.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.