Halloween Witch Hat Cupcakes
- Dark Chocolate Fudge Cupcake Mix (eggs, water, oil)
- Creamy vanilla “purple” frosting (or make your own with food coloring)
- Yellow Icing with a Flat Tip
- Wilton Green Icing with a Small Round Tip
- Black Cupcake Liner
- Decorating Bag
- Large Star Decorating Tip
- Chocolate Waffle Cones (we found OREO brand in our store)
- Preheat your oven and line a cupcake pan with your black cupcake liners.
- Prepare your cake mix as directed on the box and fill your cupcake liners up halfway with your batter.
- Bake as directed on box then let your cupcakes cool.
- Cut the tip off your decorating bag and place your large star tip inside the bag.
- Place your bag inside a tall glass/cup, fold the edges over the top of the glass/cup, and fill with your purple frosting.
- Take the bag out of your glass/cup and twist the top of the bag (you can secure with a twisty tie if you’d like but not necessary.)
- Place the tip onto the outside edge of your cupcake, apply pressure to the center of the bag, and frost in a swirl pattern till you get to the center of the cupcake, then quickly let off the pressure.
- Break 1/5 of the cone off the top opening and gently press the cone pointy side up onto the frosting.
- Use your yellow frosting with the flat tip and frost a flat line of frosting around the base of the waffle cone.
- Now draw a square buckle on top of the yellow flat line