- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 package of OREOs
- Mini chocolate chips
- 12 oz. Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Edible eyes
- Process the OREOs (entire cookie including filling) in a food processor or blender. Pulse until crumbs are formed.
- Using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the Oreo crumbs with cream cheese until combined. The mixture will be thick and sticky.
- Using your hands, roll into 20-25 balls. Place balls on a parchment paper lined backing sheet or a silicone mat-lined baking sheet. Freeze the truffles for at least 30 minutes. If they are not cold and solid, the melted chocolate will not coat the balls properly.
- While the truffles are freezing, place the Bat Wing Stencil under a piece of parchment paper on a solid surface–taping it down to keep it in place.
- Melt ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips as directed on packaging.
- Place melted chocolate into a Ziploc bag and use scissors to snip off one corner. Pipe the melted chocolate along the outside of each bat wing outline and completely fill in with chocolate. Place chocolate wings in freezer for 10 minutes to harden.
- Once the bat wings have hardened – place edible eyes, mini chocolate chips, frozen Oreo truffles and bat wings in one location, so they are quickly available for the next step.
- Melt remaining semi-sweet chocolate chips as directed on packaging.
- Working with one truffle at a time, completely coat the outside of each ball. To do this, simply drop each truffle into the chocolate, swirl it around with a fork and then pick it up using the fork’s prongs. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to allow the excess coating to drip off, and place on lined baking sheet. Working quickly while the coating is still wet, dip a bat wing interior edge into chocolate and press gently into the side of the truffle until it is secure. Do the same with the second bat wing. Press two eyes into the front of the truffle and two mini chocolate chips onto the top. Repeat this process until all truffles are used.
- Refrigerate the truffles for at least 10 minutes so the chocolate sets. Truffles must always be chilled and will stay fresh for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Additional materials: Parchment paper, Ziploc bags, Tape, Scissors and FREE Bat Wing Stencil