- 6 medium Tomatoes
- 1 lb Lean Ground Pork
- 1 small Red Onion
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/4–1/2 cup chopped Bell Peppers (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 beaten Egg
- 2 tsp chopped Parsley
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Split tomatoes through center and scoop out centers into a bowl.
- Place hollowed tomatoes into a baking pan and set aside.
- Chop tomato centers.
- Peel and finely dice onion.
- Place a little olive oil in a skillet and begin to cook pork.
- Add diced onion, minced garlic, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook and stir until meat is no longer pink.
- Add bell peppers and diced tomato centers and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add beaten egg and bread crumbs mixing well.
- Fill tomatoes with skillet contents.
- Place tomatoes in oven for 40-45 minutes until tomatoes are tender.