We have quick and easy giant squid cupcakes for your next beach party. Eight adorable legs, two giant eyes, and a fluffy head make this octopus dessert one easy food craft for the kids.
- 6 Prepared Cupcakes, unfrosted
- 1 Can Blue Frosting
- 1 pkg. Twizzlers Pull N’ Peel Licorice in fruit punch flavor
- 6 Large Marshmallows
- 8 oz. Chocolate Melts, Purple or Red (we used purple)
- 12 Edible Candy Eyes
- In a small bowl, melt the purple chocolate per package directions.
- Poke a toothpick into a marshmallow and dip into the chocolate until fully covered. This will make your head.
- Set the marshmallow down on a parchment lined baking sheet and remove the toothpick. Repeat this for all the heads/marshmallows.
- Press two edible eyeballs on the front of each marshmallow before the chocolate hardens. Leave these set until the chocolate is hard and the eyes are set.
- Frost each cupcake with the blue frosting making sure to put extra in the middle so the frosting slopes downward a little. Take a butter knife, touch it all around the frosting, and gently pull up so the frosting will look like water waves.
- Take a rope of the licorice and cut into 4 pieces. Unwind the strings so you will have all the purple pieces separated. You will need 48 of these pieces for the squid legs.
- Lay 8 licorice legs over the top of each cupcake so they drape down over the frosting hanging off the edges a bit.
- Set an squid head on top of each cupcake right in the center over the tops of the legs. Press them down a bit so they stay on the cupcake and so it looks like the head is attached to the legs.
- These fun little cupcakes are easy to make and would be fun at any summer party!