This fishing cupcakes make the perfect Father’s Day Dessert. They also can be used for a beach party.
- 8 Prepared Cupcakes, unfrosted
- 1 Container Aqua Blue Frosting
- 1 package Pull N’ Peel Licorice
- Mini Pretzel Sticks
- 1 packages Gummy Fish
- Large Red Gumballs
- ½ cup White Candy Melts
- Redhots Candy Sprinkles
- Frost cupcakes with the blue frosting with a smooth layer. Using a knife or offset spatula, touch the frosted cupcake and gently pull up so it creates a little peak to look like a water wave. Do this all over the top of each cupcake.
- Melt the candy melts per package directions and dip each gumball until half covered. Shake off any excess and set the bobbers white side up on top of each cupcake. Put a redhot on the white chocolate on top of each bobber and let these set about 15 minutes so the chocolate hardens.
- Take a half piece of licorice and tie the end on to the end of a pretzel stick. Press the other end of the pretzel into the cupcake so it sticks up in the air and the licorice hangs down like fishing line. Trim the licorice if it is too long. Repeat this for each cupcake.
- Place a fish on each cupcake right in front of the licorice fishing line.
- These very cute cupcakes would be great for a little fisherman’s party!