- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lemon, blue raspberry and cherry flavoring
- Red and blue food coloring
- Food safe craft sticks
- Preheat your oven to 350° in line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine your butter, granulated sugar and powdered sugar and mix well.
- Mix in one egg and vegetable oil and mix.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt (if your dough is still a little crumbly, mix in a 1-3 tablespoons of water).
- Separate the dough into 3 bowls, mixing blue food coloring in one with 1/2 teaspoon blue raspberry flavoring, mix one with red food coloring and 1/2 teaspoon cherry flavoring, and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon extract in the non-colored dough.
- Form the dough into small balls and arrange onto the sticks from red, white and blue.
- Press the balls together into a log and press a fork down the center of each color for an imprint.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, let cool and enjoy!