- 1 1/2 cups cooked sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cups spinach, packed
- 2 green onions, sliced (greens and whites separate)
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Spray a shallow 1.5-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the sweet potato and cook for five minutes.
- Add the onion and the ham, and cook for an additional five minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low, and add the white part of the green onion along with the spinach.
- Cook until the spinach is just wilted, which will only take about 60 seconds.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Pour the mix mixture into your prepared baking dish and spread out it evenly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg over the potato mixture, making sure to fill in all the gaps.
- Sprinkle the top with the Parmesan cheese and the remaining green onion.
- Place the pan in the oven on the center rack and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the eggs are set in the middle.
- Serve with additional green onion and Parmesan, if desired.