Essential Oils Playdough Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 tablespoons vegetable oil (any kind of oil will work!)
- Food coloring
- 6–8 drops of essential oils of your choice (see blends we share in the post)
- In a saucepan, stir the flour, salt, and cream of tartar together.
- Add in the water, cooking oil, and food coloring and mix until smooth.
- Turn on the heat to medium-low, and stir until the mixture forms a ball.
- Once the mixture has reached play dough-consistency, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for 3-4 minutes.
- Knead in the essential oils of your choice. ( I poked a hole in the center, dropped in the oils and it mixed very easily)
- Store in an air-tight container. (Storing it in the fridge will make it last even longer!)
Tip: Feeling a bit under the weather? Add Thieves to your playdough recipe.