Elf on the Shelf had a Whoops! Make these Melted Snowman Cookies as a funny elf idea for your Christmas tradition. These cookies are great for Santa too!
- Refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup light cocoa candy melts
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- Orange food coloring
- Miniature M&M’s
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Form the cookie dough into ping pong sized balls, press partially down and place on the baking sheet.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
4. Let cool and mix together your frosting:
Combine your powdered sugar, milk, corn syrup and almond extract until creamy.
5. Pour your frosting in a decorating bag and cut a small tip off the end.
6. Use the decorating bag to draw a wavy circle on the cookie and fill in with frosting.
7. In a microwave safe bowl, heat the light cocoa candy melts on 50% power for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and poured into a decorating bag.
8. Mix together 1 cup of vanilla frosting with orange food coloring and scoop into a decorating bag.
9. Use the brown and orange decorating bags to draw a face on the marshmallow.
10. Place the marshmallow onto the cookie towards the back of the cookie.
11. Place two M&M’s onto the cookie in front of the marshmallow.
12. Use the brown decorating bag to draw stick arms on each side of the marshmallow.