Celebrate America’s favorite author on March 2nd with these easy Dr. Seuss Cupcakes. This Horton Hears a Who craft has an elephant trunk holding a pink clover to represent the speck of Whoville, a microscopic community only Horton can hear. “A person’s a person, no matter how small!”
- Place your white frosting in a small bowl and add 2-3 drops of black food coloring. Mix well. Add more coloring if you would like it a darker gray.
- Put your colored frosting in a piping bag or large baggie. Snipe off the corner.
- Using your prepared cupcakes, pipe frosting in a circular motion around the cupcake.
- Starting at the back of the cupcake, take the frosting and make a vertical line down the center. This line represents Horton’s elephant trunk nose. Repeat step with remaining cupcakes.
- Set your frosted cupcakes aside.
- To make a truffula tree, take an unwrap sucker and dip it in some water. Shake excess water off and lay on a plate. Sprinkle on the edible glitter, make sure to rotate sucker as you go.
- Stick it in the end of his “trunk” so it looks like Horton is holding the truffula tree. Repeat step until all your Horton Hears a Who trees are complete.
- Serve and enjoy!