- 1 12-ounce package dark chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- ¼ cup white melting chocolate
- 6 cups hot milk to make the bombs
- round silicon mold
- Place one 12-ounce package of dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the dark chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until the chocolate chips are fully melted.
- Take a spoonful of melted chocolate inside a half circle of the silicone mold. Use the back of the spoon to spread the chocolate up the sides of the rubber mold. Continue this process until all the molds are coated (approximately 12 half circles).
- Set the remaining melted chocolate aside for sealing and decorating the bombs.
- Allow the chocolate in the molds to set completely, around 2 to 3 hours. You can speed up the process by placing the chocolate in the refrigerator.
- When the chocolate is set, remove each of the chocolate pieces from the mold. Add around one tablespoon of instant espresso powder in each piece.
- Reheat the dark chocolate in the bowl in 15 second intervals until melted. Pick up an empty chocolate piece and dip the edges into the melted chocolate. Carefully place it on top of a filled piece and lightly press it into place. Using your finger, smooth melted chocolate around the seam. Continue until all the chocolate bombs are sealed.
- Melt the white chocolate according to the package instructions, then place the melted chocolate into piping bags. Lightly drizzle the chocolate over the top of the bombs to decorate.
- Allow the chocolate decorations to set before using, around 1 hour.
- To make the mocha bombs, place the bomb in the bottom of a mug. Pour one cup of hot milk over the top of the bomb to melt the chocolate. When the chocolate is completely melted, stir to combine.
Enjoy or wrap in hot chocolate bomb plastic containers for Hot Chocolate Bomb gift giving.
Keywords: hot chocolate bombs, chocolate bombs, coffee bombs, mocha bombs, mocha coffee bombs