Have little hands help you shape your toast before cooking it. Save scraps of bread for more french toast! Cut them into strips. They will not be straight (my kids didn’t mind). Cook them as you did the apple shaped ones and freeze for another day! You can always use your toast whole.
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 eggs
- ¼ C milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Apple shaped cookie cutter
- Cut out apple shapes by pressing the cookie cutter into the center of the bread and gently push the bread out from the cookie cutter, making sure not to break the stem or leaf.
- Add eggs, milk, and vanilla to a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large pan.
- Dip apple shapes into the egg mixture, coating both sides, and allow excess to drip off.
- Place onto pan and cook for about 2-4 minutes, checking frequently, until golden brown.
- Flip over and do the same.