It is incredibly easy to make cinnamon apples. Serve with your french toast. Refrigerate and serve over ice cream for dessert later!
- 4 C chopped apples (I prefer granny smith but any will do)
- ¼ C packed brown sugar
- ¼ C white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 lemon
- First, peel and core apples.
- Squeeze lemon on them as you go to prevent browning.
- Chop into bite-sized pieces.
- In a pan with high sides, add sugar, butter and cinnamon.
- Cook over low-medium heat for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently until melted.
- Add apples.
- Continue to stir and cook for about 12-14 minutes, until softened.