This simple recipe for chickpea nuggets is the best! Fast, easy, and gluten-free!
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
- ½ cup shredded zucchini
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup bread crumbs (use gluten free if necessary)
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place a piece of parchment paper on a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Place shredded zucchini in a paper towel or clean dish towel and squeeze over a bowl to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Place zucchini and all remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pulse to combine until the texture forms a dough.
- Using a measuring tablespoon, scoop out your chickpea mixture and roll it into a ball before flattening and shaping it into nuggets. Place nuggets into preheated oven and bake for 24-27 minutes, flipping halfway through to lightly brown both sides.
- Once golden brown, allow nuggets to cool for 5 minutes before serving with your favorite dipping sauce.
The mixture is wet and sticky, so be sure to wet your hands if it is sticking to them too much while forming the nuggets.