1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners inside the red and white cupcake holders (make sure the cupcake holders can go in the oven and if not just place baked cupcakes into the cupcake holders).
2. Prepare the cake batter by mixing the cake mix with butter, eggs and water as directed on the box.
3. Fill each cupcake liner almost full with the batter and bake for 18-20 minutes (keep an eye on the paper cups in the oven).
4. Carefully remove the pan from the oven and the cupcakes from the pan to cool.
5. Place the large star decorating tip in the end of the bag and fill the bag with frosting.
6. Frost the cupcakes using the bag of frosting.
7. Top the cupcakes off with sprinkles and a cherry.
Cherry it up! We do not add cherry favoring to this cupcake, but it’s easy to do so. One idea is to bake a cherry inside the cupcake before baking. Make sure to remove the stem. You can also substitute your vegetable oil for cherry pie filling when baking your chocolate cupcakes