- 2 Cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 drops black liquid gel food coloring
- Smoothie straws
- Wilton white chocolate melting candy
- In a large mixing bowl beat together your softened butter and sugar.
- Now mixing your egg and vanilla.
- Then mix in your flour and salt.
- Form into a large dough ball, wrap, and set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll your dough out with a rolling pin and use a cookie cutter to cut out your shapes (add a little extra flour if it gets too sticky.)
- Place your cookie dough shapes onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake your cookies for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let your cookies cool.
- While your cookies are cooling, in a large mixing bowl, mix together your powdered sugar, milk, light corn syrup and, almond extract, and black food coloring in until you have a thick icing.
- Pour your icing into a decorating bottle.
- Now in a small microwave safe bowl, heat your white chocolate wafers on 50% power for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Scoop your melted white chocolate into a plastic bag and cut the corner off.
- Squeeze your white chocolate into your large plastic straws and set them in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Now use your decorating bottle to outline your cookies with your black frosting, and then fill them in.
- Use a toothpick to push on some end of the straw to push our your fake chalk and break into small chalk size pieces.