BBQ Grill Cupcakes – Father’s Day Idea!
- Betty Crocker chocolate cake mix
- Betty Crocker whipped vanilla frosting
- Wilton chocolate melting candy
- Mike and Ike’s
- Junior Mints
- Yellow sugar sprinkles
- Brown, red, and yellow food coloring
- Preheat your oven and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Prepare your cupcakes as directed on the box.
- Separate your can of frosting into two separate cups.
- Place a couple drops of yellow food coloring in one cup and a couple drops of red food coloring in the other cup and mix.
- Place your star tip in the bottom of a large decorating bag.
- Scoop your yellow frosting into one side of the bag and the red frosting into the other side of the bag.
- Frost a swirl onto each cupcake and top off with your yellow sugar sprinkles.
- Melt two cups of your chocolate melting candy in a microwave safe dish on 50% power for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Scoop your all the chocolate into a decorating bag and cut a small tip off the end.
- Lay your parchment paper out on the table and draw small 4 inch circles with lines across with your melted chocolate bag and let harden.
- When your chocolate grill tops have hardened, place them gently on top of your cupcakes.
- Cut small squares from your gum drops, place them on a toothpick to look like a skewer, and set it gently on top of your chocolate grill.
- Add a couple orange mike and Ike’s and/or Junior Mints to each grill.
- To make the grill marks on your hotdogs, dip the end of a toothpick into brown food coloring and press gently onto each orange Mike and Ike.