- 16 oz bag marshmallows
- 7 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- Vanilla frosting
- Orange food coloring
- 2 cups light cocoa candy melts
- First, in a large bowl, combine your marshmallows and butter and heat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes and mix.
- Mix in a few drops of orange food coloring. Be conservative. Add as needeed.
- Next, mix in your Rice Krispies cereal until your cereal is evenly covered in your marshmallow mixture.
- Grab your 9×13″ baking pan and grease it.
- Press your Rice Krispies mixture into your pan firmly.
- Let Rice Krispies set for a few hours or in the freezer for 15 minutes and use a circle cookie cutter to cut out basketball shaped Rice Krispies.
- Mix your can of frosting with orange food coloring and place in a decorating bag.
- Frost each basketball Rice Krispie treat.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, heat 2 cups of light cocoa candy melts on 50% power for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Finally, fill a decorating bag with the melted chocolate and use to draw the lines on each basketball Rice Krispie Treat.