We have the cutest after school snack for the kids. These Back to School Apple Pops are easy to make with only two simple ingredients – candy melts and nutter butter cookies. They look just like apple cores!
- Nutter Butters
- Wilton white candy melts
- Wilton red candy melts
- Wilton light cocoa candy melts
- Wilton light green candy melts
- Green lollipop sticks
- Parchment paper
- Decorating bag
1. In a small microwave safe bowl, heat 2 cups of the white, 2 cups of red and 1/4 cup of brown candy melts in separate microwave safe bowls on 50% power for 3-4 minutes. Make sure to stir every 30 seconds until melted. (This evens out the temperature and prevents burning.)
2. Once melted, carefully open a Nutter Butter cookie and add a dollop of melted white chocolate and gently press a green lollipop stick onto the frosting side of the Nutter butter so the stick sticks out the top about 1/2” (for your stem) and carefully place the Nutter Butters back together.
3. Place your cookies on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and transfer to the freezer for 5 minutes.
4. After freezing, hold the lollipop sticks over the melted white chocolate and coat the center with the melted white chocolate, let any excess drip off and set back onto the parchment paper and into the freezer for another 5 minutes.
5. After freezing, hold onto the lollipop stick over the red chocolate and coat the top and bottom of the Nutter Butter with red chocolate, let any excess drip off and place onto a piece of parchment paper
6. Break a small green candy melt in half, smooth the edges with your finger and place on top of the Nutter Butter by the “stem” or green lollipop stick. Transfer to the freezer for 15 minutes.
7. In a small microwave safe bowl, heat 1/4 cup of your light cocoa candy melts on 50% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted, pour into a decorating bag and cut a tiny tip off the end of the bag.
8. Use your decorating bag of light cocoa candy melts to draw 4 tiny seeds onto the white center of the apple.
9. Let harden and enjoy!