I am so excited that Spring and Easter are right around the corner! The flowers are blooming and we are getting ready for our Spring Break next week. I love cooking for Easter and coming up with new ways to surprise my guests AND my kids! This year, I am using two recipes that will be new to them featuring Publix store brand Crescent Rolls and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, made by Great Value!
The first recipe I’ve made before using puff pastry; but I am sure it will be really good with the crescent rolls too! It combines ham (proscuitto), cheese and mustard – three things I think are fairly synonymous with Easter Dinner. I think you’ll like it a lot – it got rave reviews the last time I made it!
Prosciutto Dijon and Gruyere Puffs – from Joy the Baker (picture courtesy of Joy the Baker)
- 1 package Great Value or your store’s brand Crescent Rolls
- 8 slices Prosciutto di Parma (you could use Black Forest Ham if you’d rather – it will be a little more moist than proscuitto though)
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- Flour for dusting
- Fresh ground black pepper
For Directions and complete recipe, visit Joy the Baker.
This second idea is just so cute I couldn’t resist! Aren’t those Cookie Easter Baskets cute? The kids will just eat them up and I was thinking it would be fun to have one on each child’s plate before dinner starts.
Easter Basket Cookies – from Oh Nuts! (photo courtesy of Oh Nuts!)
Makes 24 cookies in miniature muffin pans, or 12 large cookies in regular muffin pans.
- One 1-lb package refrigerated cookie dough
- Assorted colored sprinkles (omit the sprinkles if you’d rather have them plain)
- 1/2 cup frosting, canned or homemade
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Green food coloring
- Specked jelly beans (or other jelly beans of your choice)
- Pastel Jordan almonds
- Licorice string (pipe cleaners are a non-edible substitute) – Get Twizzlers Easter Pull ‘n’ Peel Snack Size Candy, Twizted Strawberry Blast, 10.12-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6) for $16.25 shipped. It’s pastel colored!
For Directions and complete recipe, visit Oh Nuts!
So fun! I cannot wait to show these to the kids! I’ll let you know next week how these turned out.
Make sure to look for Great Value or store brand refrigerated doughs next time you’re at Walmart or your local grocery store!
Disclosure: I was compensated by Ralcorp and The Motherhood for this cooking review. I researched the recipes and did all the cooking myself. The opinions expressed herein are 100% mine and should not be substituted as your own.
WHAT’S TRENDING: Check out our Pinterest Content including Summer Ideas – Hacks, Recipes, Crafts and More on Frugal Coupon Living.
Also try Amazon Prime which includes FREE 2-Day Shipping, FREE Kindle Books, and FREE Video Streaming!
Find this and updated daily deals, recipes, crafts, and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and other in your inbox.