DIY Valentine Series – Paint Strip Valentine Bookmarks
Pin to Pinterest
This is a fantastically simple craft that the kids will love to get their hands on. Besides the fact that hole punches are just a fun thing to play with, this is a great fine motor activity for children. Pick up some free paint sample strips at Wal-Mart, or Home Depot – make sure to grab some traditional girl colors like pink and purple and some great yellows, greens, and blues for boys. If you already have ribbons and hole punches on hand this is a totally free craft! You can use a hole punch or small hand punch to cut out shapes, then just add stickers, glitter, and markers or crayons, or stamps if you really want to step it up. Make up a bunch for classmates, teachers, grandparents. I had the kids even make one for me instead of dog-earring the pages of all my books. Creating their own bookmark may just encourage a love of reading, so this craft really is a win-win all the way around- simple, frugal, promotes literacy and fun!
Check out my How To Video on these Paint Sample Bookmarks!
- Paint sample strips
- hole punch
- optional- glitter, glue, stickers, stamps, stamp pad,
- markers. Crayons
- Use hole punch to create a pattern up and down the sides and across the bottom of paint sample.
- If desired color with markers, draw designs in glue and sprinkle with glitter, add stickers, or stamp names on them to personalize for each recipient.
- To place a ribbon through the top- Punch hole at least ¼ “ down, push both ends of ribbon through hole, pull them through the loop the ribbon makes at the top, draw tight.
See all the DIY Valetine Series Crafts:
Check out these other great recipes and be sure to follow FCLAsh on Pinterest.
- Pink Valentine Heart Pancakes
- Heart Pound Cake Tutorial
- Easy Burlap Valentine’s Day Wreath
- JELL-O Heart Squares
- Conversation Hearts Valentine Rice Krispie Treats
- Cupid’s Strawberry Float Recipe
- Chocolate Cherry Mice
- Marshmallow Rice Krispie Treat Snowmen Recipe
- Microwave Peppermint Fudge Recipe
- Easy Homemade Salted Caramel Recipe
- ROLO Pretzel Pecan Turtle Recipe
- Doughnut Snowmen Milk Bottles Recipe
- Gluten FREE Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cupcakes
- Cinnamon Dolce Syrup Recipe – Just like Starbucks
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Frappuccino Recipe
- Copy-Cat Starbucks Recipes
- Copy-Cat Restaurant Recipes
- Round-Up of Copy Cat Cracker Barrel Recipes
HOT DEALS: Looking for what’s trending? Check out our Fashion Deals and Online Shopping Deals on Frugal Coupon Living.
Also grab Amazon Prime which includes FREE 2-Day Shipping, FREE Kindle Books, and FREE Video Streaming!
Find this and updated daily deals on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and other Daily Deals for FREE in your inbox.