Cricut Monogram Tutorial
Cricut is a personal electronic cutting machine cuts vinyl, paper, fabric & more. The DIY craft cutter is simple to use for scrapbooking, home décor, card making and monogramming! If you are like me, having a new electronic can be intimidating and take a little getting used to. We have produced a brain free, step-by-step Cricut Monogram Tutorial to help you get starting making your first vinyl monogram!
Be sure to check out more crafty ideas in the Circut Design Space. Enjoy.
1. Open Cricut Design Space and select File, New.
2. Click insert images on the left. I typed circle into the search bar, but you could use an apple, square, etc. I picked two different circles so I can show you two types of monograms.
3. Click add text. I prefer to use a chunky or calligraphy type text for my monograms.As you can see, my text is lowercase, uppercase, lowercase. However, you can change it up for your design.
4. I am going to start with the monogram on the left. This will be a layered monogram. Hit the unlock button on the text. This allows you to resize to fit inside your shape.
5. Right click the text and click ungroup. This let’s you adjust each letter accordingly. If you need to make each letter bigger or small you can click the unlock button on each letter to do this.
6. Hold your shift key and click each letter. Right click and pick group. Now your letters should be grouped back together. On the right hand side, click weld.
7. Right click the shape and pick ungroup. Move the back layer out of the way.
8. On the right hand menu you will see your current shape. This shape has 2 layers so I want to hide the back layer by clicking the “eyeball”. It is not gone, just hidden so you can work with the top layer only.
9. Highlight the letters and top shape and click Slice. Move the sliced letters out of the way. You can delete them at this point if you like.
10. Now you can unhide the back layer and put your 2 layers back together. YAY you now have a layered monogram. Perfect for a shirt, backpack, or more.
11. Now we will move on to the shape monogram. Steps are very similar. Start by ungrouping your text.
12. Click the unlock button on text and arrange the letters to look the way you want. I like to keep my middle letter bigger from top to bottom of my shape and adjust the side letters accordingly.
13. On the right side menu, highlight the three letters and click Weld.
14. Highlight the shape and text, click Slice.
15. Now you can use the text by itself or the circle shape with the text cut out. Multipurpose!
Find more inspiration on Cricut’s Blog and the Circut Design Space. You can also shop the cutting machine collection at Cricut.com. Enjoy!
Take a look at these Cricut Freebies – Tutorials for Your Cricut Projects. Pin to Pinterest.
We also love this How to Build a Lemonade Stand with a Recycled Pallet. Pin to Pinterest.
HOT DEALS: Looking for what’s trending? Check out our Fashion Deals and Online Shopping Deals on Frugal Coupon Living.
Also grab Amazon Prime which includes FREE 2-Day Shipping, FREE Kindle Books, and FREE Video Streaming!
Find this and updated daily deals on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and other Daily Deals for FREE in your inbox.