Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe with Honey Chipotle Dipping Sauce
(Pin it to Pinterest)
This is a delicious southern fried favorite-with a twist. Traditionally, I put hot sauce or a little horseradish in the wash and dip to give these a little kick. I was looking for a way to use a left over can of chipotles in adobo that I had purchased for another recipe, I created this and I now have a new favorite. These make a great side or appetizer. The following recipe is good for about 2 large green tomatoes. Plus I like to “double dip” mine to make sure they have a nice thick crunchy coating.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp adobo sauce
Honey Chipotle Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- chipotles in adobo sauce (use sauce only)
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice
- In one shallow container for dipping combine all breading ingredients thoroughly.
- In a second shallow container whisk all ingredients for wash until well combined.
- Slice tomatoes to between ¼ “ to ½ ” thickness.
- Dredge tomatoes into breading, egg wash, then breading again.
- Heat vegetable or canola oil over medium high heat in a shallow saucepan.
- Gently lay breaded tomato slices into hot oil, take care not to crowd pan, fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- For Honey Chipotle Dipping Sauce whisk all ingredients together until thoroughly mixed to distribute all flavors evenly, make ahead of time and pop in fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to marry.
- Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe
- Sirloin Gyros Recipe
- Creamy Farfalle Carbonara Recipe
- Crock-Pot Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- BLT Chop Salad With Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Quesadillas
- Inside Out Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- Pizza Zucchini Boats
- Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
FREEBIE ALERT: Grab a FREE Amazon Prime Trial which includes FREE 2-Day Shipping, FREE Kindle Books, and FREE Video Streaming!