Gingerbread Popcorn Balls Recipe
(Pin to Pinterest)
Ready for the holiday season, looking for something fun and frugal to gift your friends and family. Pay attention to the Series 4 Days of 4 Popcorn Recipes!
Don’t forget our favorite Pumpkin Spiced Popcorn Balls with FREE printable Gift Tag.
These adorable and delicious gingerbread flavored popcorn balls are a terrific way to shuffle in the holiday season I don’t think there is a flavor that tastes more like Christmas than gingerbread! Create a great twist on a traditional favorite,the popcorn ball, by adding in gingerbread flavor. These would be a wonderful treat while watching Christmas movies curled up on the couch in Christmas PJ’s. Tuck a few into your mailbox for the mailman or drop some off to a neighbor with a little note!
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 12 tbps. Or 1 ¼ cups butter
- ¼ cup molasses
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 1 tbsp. Ground ginger
- ¼ tsp.cloves
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- Pop your popcorn on the stove, in an air popper or in the microwave.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat,combine; brown sugar, molasses, butter, corn syrup, ginger, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently
- Remove pan from heat and stir in baking soda-mixture will fizz up quite a bit, this is normal.
- Pour gingerbread mixture over popcorn in the bowl, stirring very well to coat all the popcorn.
- Allow popcorn to cool just where you are able to handle it.
- Rub your hands thoroughly with butter, and scoop up popcorn and form into balls about he size of baseballs.
- Allow to set, wrap in plastic cling wrap, or place in an airtight container.
HOT DEALS: Loving the deal on this Julep Maven Hallowen Nail Polish Box – Get it FREE (a $58 Value), just pay $2.99 for S&H.
Also grab Amazon Prime which includes FREE 2-Day Shipping, FREE Kindle Books, and FREE Video Streaming!